In recent years the fame of CBD has increased exponentially without any restraint, but people keep asking themselves: What is CBD oil and what is it for?
Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is one of the main cannabinoids in hemp, that is to say, it is one of the components and one of the most present in hemp plants, accounting for more than 40% of the composition of the flower.
CBD and its beneficial properties are being studied as it has numerous benefits and the ability to alleviate the symptoms of numerous pathologies, every day research shows more uses for this cannabinoid.
Unlike other cannabinoids such as THC, CBD does not have psychoactive properties. That is, CBD does not get you high while THC does. Both substances possess beneficial properties and can be used for therapeutic purposes.
Hemp oil: beneficial properties
We know it is beneficial, but what is CBD good for? Well, it helps with many health problems. These are some of the benefits of taking hemp drops:
- Helps decrease anxiety and improve sleep disorders.
- Reduce pain and inflammation.
- It is antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, analgesic, and neuroprotective among others.
- It reduces nausea and vomiting.
- In addition, it has been found to contribute to cell regeneration.
- It can improve symptoms of fibromyalgia, stress, anxiety, depression, chronic pain, cancer, etc.
- Very useful for patients undergoing palliative treatment, as it significantly reduces the symptoms produced by chemotherapy.
- It helps to control obesity and diabetes.
- It can help improve or alleviate neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, or dementia.
- It can almost completely or totally reduce pain caused by inflammatory diseases or arthritis.
- It has also been shown to be effective against movement disorders, multiple sclerosis, refractory epilepsy, and many others.
- It is very useful with neuropsychiatric diseases such as ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), autism, schizophrenia, PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), etc.
- According to the Pharmacology Association of the United Kingdom, it is attributed benefits as an antidepressant, anticancer, anticonvulsant, and anxiolytic.
We can conclude that hemp oil has varied and numerous benefits. It can be adjusted to many types of people, but its use is becoming widespread for all types of everyday users who are looking for a source of relaxation that also improves their physical and mental health.
CBD oil and the opinions of the professionals
Now that we know what hemp oil is and its properties, let’s talk about the opinion of health professionals about it.
Nowadays everybody is concerned about hemp oil and its properties and contraindications. In the case of contraindications, the only and most generalized is that CBD can interact with certain drugs, being able to reduce or prolong their activity. It can deactivate or activate CYP enzymes altering how some compounds and drugs are metabolized.
On the other hand, some hemp vaporizer oils may contain propylene glycol which is a chemical additive, which can be carcinogenic, but this is not the fault of CBD but of these companies that add chemicals to products like this. It is best to take CBD pharma oil or other variants that are developed by companies that do not carry added additives. For additional tips and ideas, you may visit Blog Spinel for further info.
A very common question from users is whether CBD oil works and it is very easy to answer this question. You should always consult with your doctor and in no case can it replace other medications, but it is true that it helps in many ways, it can help alleviate many symptoms and studies are beginning to be developed that speak of the healing properties of CBD.